After a few days of peach recipes, I was in the mood to make something chocolaty and decadent. These certainly fit the bill.
They’re called Triple Threat Bars because they’re composed of three layers of amazingness: chocolate chip cookies, candy bars, and brownies. Oh, you know that craving you had for something sweet? POOF. Gone.
There are several variations available for this recipe — you could use different candy bars in the middle or even Oreo cookies. But the concept is fantastic. And — I’m going to tell you a secret: to make this recipe even easier, I used a mix for the cookie layer and the brownie layer (don’t judge). I used Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix and Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix. So easy!
These are so easy, scrumptious, and most definitely meant to be shared. Bake up a bunch and share the love.
Triple Threat Bars
Recipe adapted via Heather’s French Press
You will need:
6 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, halved
1 package of Kit Kat, halved
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13×9″ pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Press cookie dough into bottom of pan.
3. Place halved Reese’s cups and halved Kit Kat on top of dough — I placed the Reese’s cups three across, four down; and the Kit Kat in two rows between them.
4. Pour brownie batter on top and spread with a spatula to cover completely.
5. Bake 30-35 minutes. Let cool and slice into bars.
Will keep, wrapped in plastic wrap in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.