Confession: finding a breakfast recipe that works for every person in this house is a bit of a puzzle. We all have different tastes and likes and dislikes, and sometimes, finding something to make for breakfast that pleases everyone seems downright impossible. Enter these muffins: BOOM. SO DELICIOUS!
I make them with baking mix (Bisquick or the Aldi brand), and they end up being a delicious hybrid of cake and biscuit. Soft like cake, with a buttery biscuit deliciousness baked in the top. I normally add chocolate chips, but they’re also great with blueberries (unless you’re talking to the one blueberry hater in our house… 🙄😐😉).
They’re super simple to make and delicious to eat. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by, friend. xo
Super Simple Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 c. baking mix
1/3 c. granulated sugar
2/3 c. milk
2 T. vegetable or canola oil
1 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line muffin tin (12) with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, sugar, milk, and oil.
- Gently whisk in baking mix until lumps are dissolved.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill 12 muffin cups ¾ of the way full and place in preheated oven for 7½ minutes.
- Open oven and rotate muffin pan 180 degrees. Bake an additional 7½-9 minutes.
- Remove muffins pan from oven and carefully flip muffins on their sides (so the bottoms don’t burn) or out of the pan and onto a cooling rack. Let cool and enjoy!
Store cooled muffins in an airtight container.