Hello, friends! Happy Hump Day!
Hope you’re having a great week and are in the mood for something delicious! I don’t know about you, but I could eat Mexican food just about every day. I love listening to The Simple Show and one of the questions Tsh asks her guests (at least she used to… I don’t know if she still does) is, “If you had to eat one nationality of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?” I’m 99% sure that my answer would be Mexican food. Tacos FTW!
Recently, I made this 7 layer dip for a game night at our house and noshed on it all night and the next day. OH MAN. It is SO good!
The measurements on this recipe are a bit lax because it really depends on how many people you’re feeding — but, in the future, I’ll probably half this recipe because it makes a LOT. But, if you do happen to be serving a ton of people, make a lot. This is awesome party food!
Below is a video tutorial of how to make this dip (filmed in my rather messy kitchen — sorry, not sorry) along with some photos and recipe details.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to use the comment box below. I’d love to hear from you. Thanks and have an awesome rest of the week!
7 Layer Dip (2 Ways!)
Ground Beef (I used 2 lbs.)
Taco Seasoning (2 packets)
Shredded Cheese (I used Cheddar Jack)
2 Cans of Vegetarian Refried Beans
Salsa (homemade or jarred)
Guacamole (I made mine with 4 avocados, the juice of 3 limes, and salt to taste)
- In large skillet, cook ground beef. Once cooked, drain the ground beef in a colander in the sink to remove excess fat.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix refried beans and taco seasoning together.
- Spray two large baking dishes (I used 9×11) with nonstick cooking spray. In one dish, layer half of refried beans and top with shredded cheese. In second dish, layer the rest of the refried beans, all of the ground beef, and top with shredded cheese. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Let cool to room temperature.
- On top of both, layer: salsa, guacamole, sour cream, chopped lettuce, and chopped tomatoes.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!